作为一个高级合作经理(EM)你都是一个team leader and contributor. You will collaboratively drive strategy and delivery of a product that meets client expectations and user objectives. You will own and be accountable for the entire project lifecycle from contracting through delivery, including maintenance and/or the transition to a client-side team. While balancing the day-to-day responsibilities of managing your project teams, you will also be accountable for meticulously tracking your project’s budgets, expenses, and overall profitability.
What You’ll Do:
Engagement Managers wear a variety of hats depending on the needs of our clients and products. Our core philosophy is delivering software as Lean/Agile as we can – prioritizing, eliminating waste and continuous improvement are integral to this role. That said, you should approach our process with clarity in what the outcomes are but flexibility in how we achieve those – and always an openness to collaborate.
As an advocate for the Substantial approach to design and development, you will ensure clients are read into our process and feel a part of our product teams. You are an enthusiastic evangelist for the products we build and the problems we solve and you embody and model the Substantial values.
Your work will focus on four key areas:
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: Product strategy is a collaborative effort with our clients and discipline leads. Tracking our activities towards the expected outcomes is owned by the EM.
- Balancing short-term product objectives with long-term product vision
- Maintaining the backlog and regular prioritization
- Assurance of quality user stories and product acceptance when appropriate
- Outlining the key milestones and release dates
- Driving responsible trade-offs in our clients’ and users’ interest
- Evangelizing for what makes the product/experience/technology interesting
- Unblocking critical paths of work
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: The EM is the primary point of contact with clients. While open communication with the team is encouraged, it is ultimately the EM who ensures we have a transparent and healthy relationship with our clients.
- Establishing communication cadence and healthy boundaries
- Keeping focus on business and user objectives
- Managing expectations and scope creep
- Providing context and insight into our process
- Encouraging client participation as a valued team member
- Creating a common language and translating when needed
团队领导:EMs是项目领导和closely with Design and Development leads to provide opportunities for continuous improvement and growth, as well as flagging resourcing or personnel issues.
- Building accountability into the team activities
- Providing direction for breaking down work into smaller chunks
- Facilitating meetings, team collaboration and alignment on the product experience
- Encouraging responsible risk taking and enable distributed leadership opportunities
- Administratively overseeing timecards and resourcing changes, including vacation and outages
REVENUE & OPPORTUNITY DEVELOPMENT: An EM’s primary objective is to both deliver a high quality product that exceeds our client’s expectations and build a long-term positive relationship with our clients that results in positive referrals, case studies and opportunities.
- Ensuring an efficient use of the client’s budget
- Meticulously tracking project budget burn and profitability
- Managing to budget constraints and forecasting projected revenue
- Ensuring the team is properly utilized
- Leading contract renewal conversations and contracts
- Scouting other opportunities for account growth
Who You Are:
- You are a software evangelist
You have a passion for digital products and experience delivering customer experiences. You understand what makes a product, experience or technology interesting.
- You are a comfortable and graceful facilitator
You’re capable of leading a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and our clients and clearly communicating and advocating for our recommendations.
- You are a collaborative problem solver
You are a steward for team building and positive morale and a responsible risk-taker. You ensure we are representing a clear point of view to our clients.
- You are a partner to our clients
You understand the challenges and pivots common to product development and can both manage expectation and build confidence in our process.
- You are a strategic thinker
You can balance long term vision with short term objectives, recognizing opportunities to increase our value to the client and planning at the account level to generate new opportunities.
- You are an empathetic listener
You are intuitive and proactive in identifying risks and mitigation strategies and are an open ear to the team and our clients to discuss their needs.
- You have laser focus
You can weed through distractions and scope creep to keep the team focused on the challenges that need the most attention and the work that will bring the users and our clients the most value.
You have the experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8 – 10+ years of experience, either client-side, consulting or start-up, in product development, project management and/or account development
- Proven experience leading teams
- Experience or familiarity delivering products or experiences across multiple technology platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- Proficiency with common workflow tools (eg. Trello, Pivotal Tracker, Kanban)
- Understanding of development practices and experience directly collaborating with development teams
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Fierce passion for collaboration and growing with others
We offer a comprehensive set of benefits designed to help you do your best work and support your life in & out of the office.
- Generous PTO policy
- Education Benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Working / Remote working benefits
Founded in 2006 in Seattle, Substantial is an industry-leading studio recognized for creating high-quality custom software in partnership with some of the world’s biggest brands. We are a group of strategic creatives and technologists capable of imagining and building business-changing digital products and empowering responsible, sustainable product cultures for clients, our customers, and the world around us. Headquartered in Seattle, Substantial also has distributed full-time team members in the Bay Area, Chile and the UK.
Substantial strives to be a diverse, inclusive and anti-racist workplace. We value diverse perspectives on our product teams and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and walks of life. People of Color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women and members of historically marginalized populations encouraged to apply.